Friday, June 29, 2007

homeward bound

well, my time in europe is finally coming to an end and my sights are on my return to perth via se asia for a cupla months backpacking, diving and beaching. by the time i arrive back home i will have been away for four years and in that time i've seen and experienced so much - some good, some bad and some ugly.

i've really enjoyed my time in kraków for the past three and a half months and can say that poland has gotten into my blood. it's a fantastic country that i've grown to love with really wonderful people. also i've been extremely fortunate in meeting my colleagues here who have now become friends that i will really miss when i leave. it's always sad when it comes time to say goodbye but i spose that it's a part of life.

updates to my blog whilst i'm away are likely to be few and far between and depend on how often i make it to internet cafes. i also won't have a phone so will be able to enjoy an extended period of being incommunicado. beaches, massages and relaxation here i come!!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Hey Dave! yes I do remember you from North Beach days (I know you wrote that agggges ago on my blog)... am only just (attempting) to start blogging again. Ah Poland - yes the people are lovely! (I'm bias!) and really hospitable hey?! I put on 7 kg's in 7 weeks when I went there... they didn't stop feeding me! Have a lovely holiday on your way back to Perth. Watch out for those Thai massages though - torturous!

Unknown said...

Don't wander too far from a net cafe. We want to hear your quips and follow you about. Gotta have something to think about when holed up in a London flat =]