Thursday, December 06, 2007

the greatest band ever?

ok, maybe not the greatest band ever (probably not even in the top 1000 or so) but enough time has passed now to be able to admit that i did really like v capri back in the day. i remember the day in 1986 when they rocked up to my high school to play a lunchtime gig in the gym and i was one very excited bunny even though i did get a certain amount of derision from a number of my mates. i still have my old vinyl copies of the 'in my world' album and 'that's the way' single and have found out that the album was reissued on cd last year so i reckon i'll be adding it to my collection as soon as i can find it.

i don't remember what happened to the band but obviously we all know and love the singer, tod, as the former channel 9 weatherman and he now does an afternoon radio show on (i think) 6PR on the weekends.

"it's been a day, it's been a week but time just looks the same/ i look through my misty window - can you tell me if there's sun or rain?"... indeed!

3 comments:

Mark Edwards said...

I think he plays in 'peace love and all that stuff' down at the Civic soemtimes. as well as being a semi regular announcer on 6pr.....

posts like this one might come back to haunt you.... :)

Gareth Williams said...

I believe I was one of those mates.
I remember the day, but I didn't have the 1 or 2 dollars to pay admission so sat outside the gym listening.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the positives dave - I also remember the big days of music in Perth back in the 80's - I don't think those days will ever come back.