Sunday, December 23, 2007

music

i finally picked up my cds and records from sal yesterday and have unpacked them. i file my cds in order of release year and sorting them today yielded some interesting statistics. the year from which i have most cds is 1994, followed by 1991, 1993 and 1996. i have at least one album from each year since 1961 with the exception of 1973 and 1976. and there are a number of cds in my collection that i look at now and wonder what i was thinking. after all, why on earth would anyone buy albums by the spin doctors, sonia dada or extreme??? oh the shame...

2 comments:

Gareth Williams said...

This sounds very "High Fidelity".

Do you think the same about Duran Duran albums?

dave said...

ha ha ha. i've very happy with my duran duran albums and bought a ticket to the v festival to make sure i get to see them when they're in perth next year! i have no problems telling people that the first album i bought was duran's 'seven and the ragged tiger' and my first single was wham!'s 'wake me up before you go-go'!!