Thursday, November 22, 2007

the jebs are back!!

well, it's been a pretty good month for me as far as my favourite bands are concerned. first i find out that not only are sugarchild an ongoing concern, but they're back based in perth and playing gigs again. i've not been able to see them yet but there's still one more gig for 2007 at the railway hotel in freo and i really hope to make it down there to see them, even though it's my mum's birthday and all.

now, i hear that the mighty jebediah are back and recording album number five and also touring. i know that some nay-sayers haven't rated the jebs all that highly since the heady days of 'slightly odway' but i personally reckon 'braxton hicks' was just as good an album and i can't wait to hear the new one. my fave memory of 'braxton hicks' was listening to in non-stop during my time in plovdiv (second largest city in bulgaria) and even adding some jebediah graffiti to the various other bands' graffiti under the big statue there.

now the only thing left to make the trifecta for me is if karl, harry and adam join forces to ressurect thermos cardy. ahh.. one can only dream..

No comments: