Thursday, November 22, 2007

tourney no. 1

i've just got home from my first ever live poker tournament and am a rather happy chappy. i've registered with the APL (australian poker league) and wandered down to the contacio pub in scarbs tonight to play my first tourney. given that my only exposure to poker thus far had been online tourneys & ring games and a few games amongst mates at eu-jin's place in london, i found things rather daunting to start with. the first few hands i didn't know if i was arthur or martha but as the game went on i found myself feeling more and more like i knew what i was doing. by the end of the night i ended up in third place which pleased me no end. it was a free game with no prize but still, i don't play the game to win money. it's the fun of poker that i enjoy and i'm pretty happy with my debut. they play every thursday night at the contacio so i reckon i'm gonna be a regular from now on.

No comments: