Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Postcard from London #19

Hi all
> >
> > Just a quick update since I haven't emailed for a while. Spent the
> > last few days in Prague which was fantastic. I flew over on Saturday
> > and flew back in last night (Tues). The weather whilst there was
> > fantastic although very very cold. There is a big display board
> > thingie that shows the time and the temperature and it was 2 degrees
> > when I looked at it at lunchtime on Monday. Even though I was wearing
> > a jumper, coat, scarf and gloves I was still freezing. Did a 4 hour
> > walking tour around the city on Monday which was very interesting. Saw
> > a lot of things I would have otherwise missed and got to hear the
> > history of a lot of the things. Prague castle was the highlight and
> > well worth the trip. The food was quite nice although it was funny to
> > look at a menu in one restaurant and see kangaroo on offer. Had a
> > great time and am now thinking about where to go next. I'm thinking
> > that a trip up to see the Jones' in Scotland would be great (although
> > rather cold and dark).
> >
> > Went to a couple of great concerts a couple of weeks ago. I decided
> > that I'm not making enough of an effort to see bands of late so made a
> > special effort and went to see Franz Ferdinand on the Friday night and
> > Kings of Leon on the Saturday. Then on the Monday KoL released their
> > new cd so I went into town early to buy it and got special admission
> > to an instore gig and cd signing. Again, a great experience.
> >
> > Of course Holly's still back in the land of milk and honey enjoying
> > the warmth and I'm missing her over here. Naturally I don't mind
> > having the bed all to myself though. I'm going to find it hard to
> > adapt to having to share the bed again when she gets back. We've got a
> > lovely shag rug on the floor of the new bedroom so maybe she'll offer
> > to sleep on that and let me keep the bed.
> >
> > For those of you who didn't know, we/I moved house the weekend before
> > last. The new place is going well and the new housemates are lovely.
> > There's one guy and a group of Korean students. They've made me tea a
> > couple of times and I know that I'll have to take my turn soon. Last
> > night we sat around the table eating a vienetta icecream cake and
> > drinking coffee while one of the girls was on her laptop chatting to
> > friends online and terrorising the rest of us with her webcam. We've
> > also got a cat who I've made friends with. Cats will be friends with
> > anyone as long as you feed them. One other observation of Prague was
> > how many people have dogs. The people walk through the middle of town
> > with their dogs, many of them off the lead. In fact, the dogs go
> > pretty much anywhere the people go. As Holly will tell you, I'm a bit
> > of a sucker when it comes to dogs and can't resist stopping to say
> > hello to all dogs I pass.
> >
> > Work's still going fine. I went for a swim at lunchtime as I've been
> > pretty slack lately which isn't a good idea when one has a cooked
> > lunch everyday. Today I had vegetable soup, panfried turkey breast
> > with cranberry & sweetcorn relish and veges and then spotted dick
> > pudding and custard for sweets. Yum. For those of you who kept telling
> > me that I was very skinny when I was back in June, you don't have to
> > worry about that any more!
> >
> > Well, that's enough from me. Sorry I haven't been better at sending
> > personal emails but I will try.
> >
> > hoo roo for now
> > dave

No comments: